Healthcare Expertise and Related Experience
- Negotiations with Medical Schemes, Administrators and Managed Care Organisations
- Healthcare Practitioner Network Administration
- Practice Management support and liaison with Administrators and Funders
- Forensic Reviews – medical scheme interventions, fraud, loss of income and contractual disputes
- Legal Support – Healthcare Regulatory reforms and general legal issues.
- Managed Healthcare Negotiations – Contracts and Alternative Reimbursement Models
- Development and management of risk based contracts – Capitation and Global Fees contracts
- Research, Financial Modelling and Data Analysis in Healthcare
- Development of coding schedules based on scientific research and international best practice
- Publication of various medical scheme rates of reimbursement
- Publication of our own wholly independently determined and funded costing assessment
- Interaction with Council for Medical Schemes, Competition Commission and Department of Health
- Interaction with Pharmaceutical Industry – new products, protocols, sponsorships and CPD events
- Practice cost studies and evaluation of results
- Claims data analysis and discipline impact studies
- Data base administration of members
- Member communications and newsletters
- Research and comments on Regulatory Reforms (e.g. NHI, Competition Commission, Regulation 8, Medical Schemes Act)
- Representation on the Health Policy Unit of the Free Market Foundation
- Participation in various health care forums
- Development and presentation of Practice Management courses
General Value Add Services to Members of our Clients
- Helpdesk to assist with general medical scheme queries, non-payment problems, coding queries and problems in dealing with Prescribed Minimum Benefits (PMBs)
- Assist practitioners in dealing with Forensic Investigations by Medical Schemes at no additional cost to the practice. Our team has extensive experience dating back to the late 1980s and have experience of High-Court evidence and report writing.
- Annual Salary Review of staff employed by practices
- Practice Benchmarking, costs, revenue and coding utilisation
- Buying, selling and valuation of practices
- Assist in setting up of practice management reports
- Free online SMS service for patient communications through the HealthMan and Society websites
- HealthMan has an agreement with ABSA bank entitling members of the groups to a better rate on credit card transactions. The Merchant rate is 2.1 % on credit cards, 0.86% on debit cards and monthly rental @ R250 (VAT Excl.)
- PSG Northcliff will review and advise on employee benefits, investment structures and wealth preservation.
- Assist members in the placement of Malpractice Insurance for practitioners. We have been involved in this activity for the past 10 years and also assist with legal claims in this regard
- Access to HealthMan preferred suppliers of Practice Management Software and claims switching
Communication to Members of our Clients
HealthMan communicates on a regular basis with the members of the various Societies and Management Groups.
- Communication is done via the E2 portal on email, sms and fax on an extensive basis per month.
- Members will receive the HealthView updating them on industry news and the Private Practice Review updating them on news pertaining to their practice, i.e. codes, legislation, tariffs, etc.
- Attending and presenting at Conferences and Journal Clubs on topics relevant to Private Practice.